- Romans 3:23: For all have sinned! (We have all sinned, that includes you and me!)
- Rom 3:9-19: God hath concluded all under sin…full of cursing...no fear of God...all the world…guilty before God.
Are you guilty? If you don’t think your sin makes you guilty before God, you aren’t saved. You have to know you are a sinner before you will realize that you are Lost! The reason people don't go to Heaven is because they don’t believe they are Lost!
- Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death! (Sin is a killer! We die because we sin! We deserve death! We deserve Hell!)
- Romans 6:23: but the gift of God is eternal life (Thank God, He has provided a way to escape Hell!) How?
- Romans 6:23: through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Acts 16:30: In prison, the apostle Paul was asked by his jailer, “what must I do to be saved?”
- Acts 16:31: Paul answered, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved”
What does that mean? How do you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ? By faith!
- Ephesians 2:8: For by grace are ye saved through faith!
Faith in what? Through faith in His blood!
- Romans 3:25: Christ Jesus…Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood!
- Leviticus 17:11: …it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
This verse was a prophecy that Jesus Christ would shed God’s blood at Calvaryto atone for your soul, to wash you from your sins.
Isaiah 53:6 says: the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all… (God laid all of our sins on Jesus at Calvary)
Jesus took our sins, shed God’s blood to pay for them, died in our place as our substitute, and said: John 19:30: “ It is finished! "
Isaiah 53:11: (God said,) “He shall see of the travail of his (Jesus’) soul, and shall be satisfied!”
Jesus is our propitiation (satisfactory, substitute, payment) for our sins. If God is satisfied that what Jesus did for us at Calvary is sufficient, and Jesus said, “It is finished!” then what can we do to earn our salvation?
Nothing! Jesus did it all for us!
- John 3:16: God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
But, we must believe! What must we believe? We must believe that what Jesus did for us at Calvary is sufficient to take us to Heaven, without our good works. The Bible says in Isaiah 64:6: "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."
That means that trusting in the very best you can do (good works) to go to Heaven will instead send you straight to Hell! You can’t save yourself. No religion can save you. No priest can save you. The Sacraments can’t save you. Water Baptism won’t save you. No religious rites can save you. No sincere, sinner’s prayer can save you. Your works won’t save you. Only Jesus Christ can save you! And He won’t do that if you don’t believe that He did it all for you! You must have faith that His blood atonement at Calvary cleansed you from all your sins, and His act alone will take you to Heaven by His grace! Jesus said in the Bible:
- John 3:7: Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
How do you get born again? Simple. God gives you the new birth, at His discretion, by His grace, as a free gift, when He knows you are believing correctly. What do you have to believe? You have to believe these things that He has written so that you may know!
Are you trusting in your religion? Religion is man’s attempt to justify himself to God! A religious man will tell God: “You have to accept me, Lord, Look what I did! I didn’t do that! I’m not as bad as he is! I’m better than she is! If he’s going to Heaven, I certainly will, for I’m better than he is! I don’t sin anymore! I’ve been baptized! I keep the 10 commandments!” The Bible says:
· Romans 3:28: Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law!
You can not justify yourself to God. Not through your religion! Not by your good works! God has a better way. Through faith!
· Romans 3:25: ... faith in his blood! At Calvary, on the cross, not in the cup!
You must realize that you deserve Hell because of your sins, and that God will send you there—before you can appreciate the need for a Saviour to save you from Hell.
· 1 Tim 1:15...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
· Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace (not by our works!!)
· Rom 3:25 …Jesus…Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood!
It is plain that we can not justify ourselves to God, but that He justifies us to Him by our faith in the blood of Jesus, at Calvary!
For by Grace are you saved, through faith, not works! Not religion! It is a gift from God, Have faith only in His blood atonement as sufficient to take you to Heaven, and you will know beyond a doubt that you will go to Heaven! Go to Heaven—not Hell.